Autism Support for Teens, Young Adults, and Parents
Social and emotional deficits are often a concern for teens and young adults with autism or a related diagnosis. At Plymouth Psych Group, we have developed several programs tailored to meet the specific needs of teens and young adults on the spectrum. We offer support in a variety of formats for clients ages 12-25 and their families to help provide the skills needed to help live a happy and fulfilled life.
All teen, young adult, and parent groups are facilitated by experienced and compassionate clinicians with years of experience working with autism spectrum disorder and related diagnoses.
To determine if the ASD programs and services at Plymouth Psych Group are a good fit for you and your family, please call us at 763-559-1640 or complete an online appointment request form to schedule an assessment.
Programs for Adolescents/Teens:
- Social Skills is a group for adolescents and teens ages 12-18 that focuses on learning and practicing social skills. This program includes both a required parents’ group component and a family session alternating every other week. Group currently meets virtually 2 days per week for 1 hour each and runs for 8 weeks total.
- Emotional Regulation Skills is a group for adolescents and teens ages 12-18 that focuses on recognizing, managing and responding to emotional experiences. This program includes both a required parents’ group component and a family session alternating every other week. Group currently meets virtually 2 days per week for 1 hour each and runs for 8 weeks total.
- The Intensive Outpatient Programis a group for adolescents and teens ages 12-18 in need of a higher level of support with the flexibility of an outpatient schedule. In addition to group work and other evidence based practices, this approach to treatment often includes multi-disciplinary support from a team of Psychiatrists, Nurse Practitioners, and Mental Health Therapists. Group meets in person 3 days per week (Monday-Wednesday), is virtual on Thursdays and runs for a duration of 2 hours each day for 4-8 weeks (depending on client needs). Click the link below for full details:
Upcoming group dates:
June 14 - July 8, 2021 (off July 5th)
July 12 - August 5, 2021
August 9 - September 2, 2021
Programs for Young Adults:
- Gaining Personal Skills is a group for young adults ages 19-25 that focuses on a combination of advanced social skills, emotional regulation, and independent living skills. Group meets in person 3 days per week an virtually 1 day per week for 2 hours each day and runs for 4-8 weeks (depending on client needs). Now enrolling for Spring and Summer groups. Click the link below for full details.
Programs for Parents:
- ASD Parent Support Group is a place for parents with children/teens/young adults on the autism spectrum (or with related social and emotional deficits) to feel heard, understood, and supported. Parents will have the opportunity to bring forward specific questions or challenges they are experiencing and will receive informed guidance from a mental health therapist and other families navigating similar issues. The topic of focus varies each month. Group currently meets virtually on the last Wednesday evening of each month for 1 hour. Cost: $25/person or $40/couple.
*Note: In lieu of COVID-19, our highest priority is safeguarding our staff, patients and their families by following recommendations from public health officials and still delivering the high-quality care that we are known for. Please contact us with any questions or concerns about updated protocol or group logistics.