Help in Crisis
If you are experiencing an emergency or life-threatening situation, please call 911.
- Acute Psychiatric Services at HCMC: Crisis 612-873-3161, Suicide hotline 612-873-2222
24-hour walk-in and telephone crisis services, treatment of psychiatric emergencies.
- Anoka County Crisis 24-hour hotline: 763-755-3801
Serving Anoka County adults and children in mental health crisis.
- Behavioral Emergency Center, Fairview Riverside: 612-672-6600
Walk-in emergency center. Professional staff will perform an assessment and refer to mental health services or substance abuse.
- Bridge for Youth 24-hour hotline: 612-377-8800
Free walk-in youth and family counseling, crisis shelter for youth, transitions programs for youth, health programs and Support groups for: LGBTQ youth, young women 13-17 years old, young men 13-17 years old, parents of youth.
- Casa de Esperanza: 651-646-5553 or crisis line 651-772-1611
Advocacy for Latina women and children experiencing domestic violence, help with job searching, completing a resume, and document translations.
- Community Outreach for Psychiatric Emergencies (COPE): 612-596-1223
24-hour crisis intervention for Hennepin County residents. Professionals can assess situations over the phone, go to the home if necessary, and handle immediate crisis.
- Crisis Connection: 612-379-6363 or toll free 866-379-6363
Free 24-hour crisis counseling by telephone.
Dakota County Crisis 24-hour hotline: 952-891-7171
Serving Dakota County adults and children in mental health crisis.
- Diane Ahrens Crisis Residence: 651-645-9424
Must be referred via Ramsey County Mental Health Crisis hotline. Mental health providers onsite. Teaching coping skills and connecting people with other mental health resources.
- Hennepin County Suicide Prevention: 612-873-2222
24-hour walk-in crisis intervention and treatment. Suicide hotline, giving suicidal callers hope through crisis counseling.
- Neighborhood Involvement Program: 612-374-4601, 24-hour help line 612-825-4357
Accepts insurance and sliding fee scale available. 24-hour crisis line, support groups, counseling, medical and dental care, rape and sexual abuse programs.
- Prairie Care Needs Assessment: 763-762-6848
Needs assessments for in-patient hospitalizations in Brooklyn Park, Chaska, Edina, Maple Grove, Maplewood, Rochester, and Woodbury.
- Ramsey County Crisis / Urgent Care for Adult Mental Health: 651-266-7900
Intake with emergency crisis social workers, referrals to community resources, inpatient program, psychiatry services.