Mental Health Therapist - Autism Focus
Plymouth Psych Group is seeking a Mental Health Therapist with a knowledge and passion for Autism Spectrum Disorder to join our growing team and thriving practice! This role will be responsible for providing psychotherapeutic services including diagnostic assessments, group programming, and individual therapy for clients on the Autism spectrum and their families.
The Therapist must desire to work both independently and part of a multidisciplinary team.
Additionally, the ASD Mental Health Therapist will be familiar with other services and resources within the clinic and in the community and work closely with them to provide information and support when required for the individuals and families we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform diagnostic assessments, develop and implement treatment plans, and coordinate care from intake through discharge of care for a variety of clients and diagnoses.
- Facilitate group services for teens and young adults on the autism spectrum, and their families.
- Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for managing their presenting concerns by using evidenced based practices.
- When necessary, facilitate communication with families, school staff, probation officers, law enforcement, and other required parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Provide collateral consultation as appropriate as well as court testimony as required.
- Prepare written reports on demographics, presenting concerns, and treatment outcomes as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients' treatment.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports.
- Maintain all professional licensure(s) required and provide prompt cooperation with third party credentialing for billing purposes.
- Conduct activities related to compliance with federal and state laws related to mandated reporting, HIPAA, and the Data Privacy Act.
- Learn about new developments in the field by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars, and establishing and maintaining contact with other social service agencies.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A master’s degree in a mental health-related field
- License, or plan to pursue one of the following required: LMFT, LPCC, LICSW
- Knowledge of psychological theories, interventions, and effective therapeutic techniques.
- Interest and passion working with the autism community required.
- Skill in applying varied interventions with individuals/families in need.
- Competency in working with a variety of cultures.
- Skill in working independently and implementing time management strategies.
- Ability to demonstrate positive team interactions with other clinicians and administrative staff.
- Awareness of personal strengths and appropriate timing for referrals
- Must have compassion and understanding for all patients and believe that patient care is paramount.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be highly flexible and able to accommodate the changing needs of the department.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize.
- Must pay attention to detail while remaining focused in a busy environment.
Qualified applicants may email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com attention to: Cristin Murray, Development Manager