Mental Health Therapist
Plymouth Psych Group is seeking a Mental Health Therapist to join our growing team and thriving practice! This role will be responsible for providing psychotherapeutic services including diagnostic assessments and ongoing therapy for those impacted my mental health concerns in our community.
The Therapist must desire to work both independently and part of a multidisciplinary team. Additionally, the Mental Health Therapist will be familiar with other services and resources within the clinic and in the community and work closely with them to provide information and support when required for the individuals and families we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate clients' mental condition based on review of client information, interviews, observation, tests, and collaboration with other staff members to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans.
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on DA, clinical experience, and knowledge.
- Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for managing their presenting concerns.
- Gather information about internal and community mental health resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy.
- Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients' status.
- When necessary, communicate or meet with families, school staff, probation officers, law enforcement, and other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Provide collateral consultation as appropriate as well as court testimony as required.
- Submit billing and other related paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Maintain up-to-date client and program records as required by the clinic
- When required prepare written reports on demographics, presenting issues, and outcomes, and summarizing project results.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients' treatment.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling programs and clients' progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports.
- Maintain all professional licensure(s) required and provide prompt cooperation with third party credentialing for billing purposes.
- Conduct activities related to compliance with federal and state laws related to mandated reporting, HIPAA, and the Data Privacy Act.
- Learn about new developments in their field by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars, and establishing and maintaining contact with other social service agencies.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A master’s degree in a mental health-related field
- License or in the process of pursuing one of the following: LMFT, LPCC, LICSW
- Knowledge of psychological theories, interventions, and effective therapeutic techniques.
- Skill in applying varied interventions with individuals/families in need.
- Skill in working with a variety of cultures.
- Skill in working independently and implementing time management strategies.
- Ability to demonstrate positive team interactions with other clinicians and administrative staff.
- Awareness of personal strengths and appropriate timing for referrals.
- Must have compassion and understanding for all patients and believe that patient care is paramount.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality according to HIPAA standards.
- Must be highly flexible and able to accommodate the changing needs of the department.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize.
- Must pay attention to detail while remaining focused in a busy environment.
Qualified applicants may email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org attention to: Cristin Murray, Development Manager