Dear Clients and Families,
With the Stay at Home order being lifted, we would like to inform you of the changes we have implemented at Plymouth Psych Group to help keep you and our team safe.
Telehealth sessions will continue to be offered if you prefer to have a remote session. Some in-person appointments will be available with additional precautions as of August 10th. Please call us at 763-559-1640 or let your provider know if you desire to have in-person, face to face appointments instead of telehealth appointments.
In an effort to help keep you and our team safe in our office space, Plymouth Psych Group is taking the following steps. You will be required to abide by these safety measures when being seen onsite at our clinic:
-If there is a possibility you have had a COVID-19 exposure, we request that the appointment be changed to a telehealth session
-If you are feeling ill or have a fever, we ask that you please stay home and use telehealth appointments instead
-Masks will be required by all persons entering our offices-
-Complete a health screening
-Visits are limited to the patient, and one person/parent to assist as needed. Additionally, to limit the number of people in the lobby, we have created several waiting room spaces to allow for social distancing. Parent’s please check in with your child’s therapist/medication manager at the beginning of each session and consider waiting outside or in your car until the conclusion of the session
-Being mindful of physical space and utilizing social distancing as much as possible
-Handwashing/sanitizing before each session
-Enhanced cleaning protocol implemented throughout the day to routinely disinfect door handles, lobbies, and therapy rooms
Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation during these unusual circumstances! If you have any questions about this information or the services at Plymouth Psych Group, please contact us at any time.
Join us for a live webinar presentation “How to Support Your Child on the Autism Spectrum During the COVID-19 Pandemic” on Wednesday, April 29th from 5:15-6:30pm. Topics covered include:
- Managing electronic use
- Seeking social outlets
- Creating and maintaining structure
- Preparing for a major transition
The webinar will be presented by Jamie Teunis, DNP, APRN, PMHNP-BC, OCN and Donna Funderburk, MA.
Cost is $25/person. Call 952-444-2099 or email email@example.com to register.
Since launching our virtual appointment platform just over two weeks ago, we have seen nearly 600 patients! Our providers remain dedicated to providing excellent and compassionate mental health care to individuals and families during this time. We will resume in-person appointments as soon as it is safe and permitted to do so. Any updates will be shared on this page.
We are now enrolling for our summer Social and Emotional Development Program with a tentative and flexible start date of June 15. Please contact us for more information and to receive updates on official start date and format (in-person or virtual) of the group as COVID-19 developments arise. We are currently piloting a virtual group for recent program graduates, where they continue to refresh their social skills and emotional regulation one day per week.
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS FOR MEDICATION MANAGEMENT
Last month we welcomed Afolake Adewumi, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to the PPG team. She is currently accepting new, adult patients for medication management needs. Gerard Balan is also seeing new patients. Learn more about our medication management services and contact the clinic with questions or to request an appointment.
- All appointments will be conducted virtually using Telehealth.
- Our clinic will be closed to patient traffic until further notice.
*Please note that Plymouth Psych Group will remain fully operational during this time with support staff available to assist with scheduling appointments and telehealth-related questions.
What You Need to Know:
- Patients with scheduled appointments have been contacted via phone and e-mail to convert their appointment to telehealth. If you have not received this message, please call us at 763-559-1640 to convert your appointment
- Once you schedule your telehealth appointment, you will be given instructions on next steps, including required forms to complete and how to to access the platform. Please DO NOT complete any online forms until your appointment has been confirmed.
- Our Care Coordination Team will be available via phone Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm to answer your questions and schedule appointments.
- We are experiencing higher call volume than usual during this time. If we do not answer right away, we are on the other line and ask that you leave a voicemail. Your call will be returned within 2 hours.
NOW OFFERING VIRTUAL APPOINTMENTS
to continue meeting the needs of our patients during this sensitive time.
Plymouth Psych Group Online allows us to deliver mental health services (therapy, medication management and nutrition) to our patients through the use of interactive audio and video technology, permitting real-time communication between patient and provider. Patients can participate in sessions from home or any location determined appropriate by the patient and their clinician.
The platform is HIPAA compliant in order to protect your privacy and confidentiality, and use of the technology comes at no cost to our patients. Patients will need a reliable internet connection, webcam and speakers to participate. A laptop or desktop computer is recommended, however mobile devices are also compatible after downloading the Zoom app.
Telehealth services are covered by insurance.
How to Schedule Your Virtual Appointment
1.) Contact us at 763-559-1640 to schedule an appointment time. We are available Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm
3.) Once the required forms are received, you will be sent an email invitation from Plymouth Psych Group to join a HIPAA compliant online Zoom meeting for your telehealth appointment with your provider. This e-mail will show the date and time of your appointment and will contain a link to direct you to the platform.
4.) At the time of your appointment, you will access the link to join the appointment with your provider. From there, your appointment will begin and preside as usual. At the end of your appointment, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with your provider about follow-up care appointments.
Our leadership team has formed a COVID-19 Task Force, led by our CEO and MD, members of our nursing staff and several senior-level management personnel. The Task Force has been implementing comprehensive protocols and response plans for our clinic, in an effort to prioritize the health and safety of our patients.
As of Monday, March 16, Plymouth Psych Group is practicing the following:
· Asking patients that are considered high risk or showing symptoms of illness to reschedule their appointments to a more appropriate future date when they have no symptoms.
· Waiving appointment cancellation fees for the next month (However – please call to let us know you will not be coming out of courtesy to our providers so they can plan accordingly)
· Making case-by-case exceptions for medication access and changes
· Now accepting virtual, telehealth appointments. Contact us at 763-559-1640
· Screening all patients for risk factors such as travel history, symptoms and possible exposure
· Practicing social distancing within our clinic by more waiting areas for clients to enable more separation between patients as much as possible
· Postponing the start dates of 2 upcoming ASD Intensive Outpatient groups
· Encouraging patients to come to their appointment with only the necessary individuals and limit bringing non-essential family members
· Exploration of video conferring mode to deliver care remotely . This is currently in the development and testing phases with more updates to follow
Plymouth Psych Group will continue to monitor the status of the coronavirus, using the CDC as our guidance and making adaptations as needed. As healthcare providers to those who are experiencing life-threatening conditions, we take our responsibility seriously and will continue doing everything possible to provide a clean and safe environment for our patients and team members.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding during these challenging times.
Out of concern for our patients and Team Members, Plymouth Psych Group is following the current recommendation of the Center for Disease Control and limiting close contact with people who are sick.
If you have a fever, cough, flu like symptoms and/or shortness of breath, we respectfully ask that you do not come in and call to reschedule your appointment at (763) 559-1640. Please note that all Late cancellation fees will be suspended for the next month and medication accommodations can be made for those who want to reschedule on a case by case basis.
The safety and health of you and your family is our greatest concern. Routine hygiene procedures should be emphasized during this time. For more information please visit the CDC website that outlines the prevention and treatment options currently available. Please feel free to discuss this with your provider.
PPG Management will continue to monitor the rapidly changing situation regarding COVID-19 and do everything we can to continue providing a safe environment for our patients and staff.