Mental Health Clinical Supervisor
The role of the Mental Health Clinical Supervisor is to provide vital support to the multidisciplinary treatment team and clients served within our outpatient clinic. The primary responsibilities of this role are to provide clinical supervision and support to mental health interns and pre-licensed professionals, provide direct clinical care to clients, and establishing and implementing administrative strategies that support clinical care.
- Assist in the observation, planning, and intervention of care to clients through training and oversight of mental health interns and pre-licensed therapists
- Evaluate clients' mental condition based on review of client information, interviews, observation, tests, and collaboration with other staff members to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans
- Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their presenting concerns
- When necessary communicate or meet with families, school staff, probation officers, law enforcement, and other parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Submit billing and other related paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Maintain up-to-date client and program records as required by PPG.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling programs and clients' progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
- Maintain all professional licensure(s) required and provide prompt cooperation with third party credentialing for billing purposes.
- Conduct activities related to compliance with federal and state laws related to mandated reporting, HIPAA, and the Data Privacy Act.
- Learn about new developments in their field by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars, and establishing and maintaining contact with other social service agencies.
- Provide clinical supervision to Master’s level clinical trainees pursuing LPC, LPCC, LMFT, or LICSW
- Perform other duties as assigned (including but not limited to completion of requested documentation, authorization and billing forms, phone calls, and participating in case consultation meetings)
- Consult with practitioners within and outside of the clinic regarding patient concerns and requests
- Collaborate with the leadership team to implement new programming and initiatives
- Commitment and alignment to Plymouth Psych Groups mission, vision, and values
- Ability to handle protected health information in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Current license in Social Work (LICSW)
- Must be a board approved Clinical Supervisor
- Must have compassion and understanding and believe that patient care is paramount
- Must be patient, dedicated, reliable, mature and committed team-players with a strong desire to change the lives of individuals you work with
- Attention to detail and good communication skills are essential
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb a flight of stairs, as well as bend, squat and get up and down from off the floor, all with ease
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality according to HIPAA standards
- Must be highly flexible and able to accommodate the changing needs of the department
- Must have basic computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize and organize
- Must pay attention to detail while remaining focused in a busy environment
Job Type: Full-time
To keep our team and clients safe, most work is completed via telehealth and safety measures are in place within the clinic.
Qualified candidates may email their cover letter and resume to our Development Manager, Cristin Murray: cristin.murray@Plymouthpsychgroup.com