Autism Spectrum Disorder Intensive Outpatient Program
The Social And Emotional Development Program
The next group starts on October 9th, call now to reserve a spot!
This 7-week Social and Emotional Development (S.A.E.D) Program is an intensive outpatient program developed specifically for high-functioning adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (Asperger’s, Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Social Communication Disorder). It is based on the UCLA PEERS curriculum, an evidence-based social skills program. The S.A.E.D program’s goal is to improve social and emotional regulation skills, as these skills are often underdeveloped among individuals with autism.
Ideal candidates are:
- Adolescents (12 to 18 years)
- With a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Struggling in different settings (school and home) due to social and emotional deficits
- Have adequate language and cognitive abilities to participate
- Adolescent is motivated to get better
Benefits of this program:
- Appropriate use of critical social skills (conversation skills, choosing appropriate friends)
- How to make and keep friends
- Use of electronic communication in a healthy way
- Handling bullying and teasing
- Emotional regulation skills
- Medication management (if applicable)
Programming will be offered Monday through Thursday from 3:30pm to 6:45pm (start time/end times may vary slightly).
Parent/Guardian participation is required. Parents will receive two hours of training per week to help generalize skills to other settings. Parents’ group is on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, 5:30pm to 6:30pm.
For more information, please call 763-559-1640 or 952-444-2099 or email email@example.com
- ASD IOP Flyer | IOP Parent Survey Results | IOP Teen Survey Results |
Parent Resource “Autism Spectrum Disorder: Parents’ Medication Guide” (PDF)